Monday, February 12, 2007

Why Letters Are Better....

A question:

Do you prefer to get emails or letters?

For me at least I far prefer receiving letters. It's SO much more personal. You know the person at the other end has sat down and really thought about what they want to write. They've had to buy letter writing paper and envelopes. They've had to make the effort to go down to the post office buy a stamp and send the whole package off.

That takes effort, and perhaps even a little love - which is the missing ingredient in so much these days I feel.

Also of course, these days everyone's emails are read by computer, probably several computers.. I quite like the way letters (at least as far as I know) aren't read by anyone else before they arrive at their destination. Perfect encryption!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home