Sunday, June 24, 2007

Music Is All Around Us

Do you ever wonder about life and where it came from? The other day I was cycling home through the park just looking around me was struck by just how incredible life is. I mean it's everywhere. I think that's what I enjoy most about getting hiking or climbing at the weekends is that it's a chance to leave behind the business of town and to get out and connect with nature again.

When I was manic after the course I had many different crazy thoughts. While they are crazy some of them are beautiful enough in their own way. One of which was about music. I felt like life was infused with the music of creation and that we form part of that music which is changing and being written all the time. I found myself walking down the street and feeling like the clack of my flip flops where like a drum beat.

If it's true that there's a spark of creation in each of us, and if we form part of the music of the universe - then surely we should try to make the most beautiful music and hence become a part of Gods tune for us all?

I'm not sure if there is a heaven or a hell and I don't know what happens to us when we die, but perhaps making the best music we can means that we're given the chance for an encore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home