Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another year, another blog post

Wow... another year gone by with naer a blog post! This has to be one of the least (regularly) updated blogs on blogger. Maybe.

Anyway.. In the last year the lithium regime has been working out well. I don't really feel like I notice any affects.. so that's good! Also, about 3 months ago I started to come off it (now down to 75% of my original level - and falling 25% every 3 months).

I am intending on putting up audio describing the whole process - plus maps of the different drugs I was on, for how long etc... but it'll probably take me another year before I get it all up on web!

Anyway.. all's well that ends well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have had a similar post vipassana experience, with a manic phase and now depression, which is indeed sucky. i haven't been lucky with my job though, having lost it twice in a span of 6 months. i agree with you on the point that it is plain wrong to pick people from the street and allow them to go through this intense experience.

it hit me harder because i have a background of enginerring and philosophy- imagine the complex world i created when i went manic-:(

However, I still feel there is something good that might come out of all this although my hope is dwindling.


Please dont stop writing- i am all ears for the rest of the journey, and ofcourse, the drug map.

11:53 PM  
Blogger patrick said...

Heyup.

Sorry to hear you had a similar experience.

As for engineering & philosophy - I am an engineer as well, and had all sorts of wonderfully mad thoughts. Well worth writing them all down.

Course the depression does suck.. hang in there.. and don't be afraid to take anti-depressants if you need to.

As for what good will come out of it... for me, it was that I now know what depression is - and what people can go through.


Still working on putting up the rest of the journey - have been meaning to get it done for ages now (just very busy again).. but I'm now about 1 month being off lithium and back to normal (whatever that is ;)

Good luck!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home